• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing medical claims on the not at faut insured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haegrrl

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was just recently involved in an auto accident. I spoke with an attorney and he stated that not only do I file on the driver who was at fault, but also on my friend's insurance since I was a passenger in his car.

Is this really true? Am I required to do this? I really don't want to do that because it will show as a claim on him even though it will be a not at fault claim. With alot of insurance companies these days, A claim is a claim. Doesn't matter if it's at fault or not at fault. The other driver accepted full responsibilty. I have already submitted my medical bills to her insurance company and now I am being told that I have to submit them to my friends insurance as well. Why? And of course he really is nervous about me doing that since he already has 1 at fault accident on his record.

Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">