• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing a police report after the accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tanishadm

What is the name of your state?mi i was involved in a very minor accident yesterday me and the other driver waited for about 45 mins for the police to arrive but they didnt when i called back they said it would be about another 30 mins due to shift changes, since there wasnt any visible damage to either cars we decided to just go, well when i started driving my car and made a turn it made a screeching sound and now it seems like the wheel alignment is off, i submitted in a claim to my insurnace company, but my question is how long do you have to file a police report? or will my insurance company take the claim without a report being filed, i have aaa i also ended up going to the hospital last night due to pain in my shoulder and hip.

BelizeBreeze

Instead of being on the computer you need to file a report now. There is no set time a report needs to be filed, but the sooner the better. Or do you think the other driver will just forget it?

R

RoseFG

Pain?

If there was very little damage how is it that you feel pain?

T

tanishadm

well we did exchange information and said that if anything came up then we would go and file it, and i am going to go file the report asap, and to answer the post about it being no damage and me being hurt, that is possible you know, there are muscle strains which is what the ER doc diagnosed, when she gave told me to take the day off today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">