• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Suit Against the Insurance Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lndsl5

What is the name of your state? Mass

I had my vehicle stolen 6 months ago. The insurance company investigated and asked for all kinds of documents, which I provided right away. I took an EUO 4 months ago. I guess I understood the reasoning because of the value of the vehicle ($60k) The insurance company hasn't paid or denied the claim. I don't even know where the actual car is. Is it possible they have already sold the damaged vehicle even though I still have the title?
What could possibly be taking so long? I have called weekly and don't get any response. The insurance company's lawyer that I took the EUO claims that he has told the insurance company to pay the claim.
This certainly doesn't seem very fair to me. I am in the process of filing suit in order to get some kind of response.
What kind of additional damages should I expect the insurance company to have to pay for not responding in a timely manner? my rental costs, interest, legal fees, obviously the car has depreciated in value also.
Has anyone ever heard of a case like this?

lndsl5

Are they more likely to respond to a complaint to the the department of insurance or a suit in which they are required to respond?

seniorjudge

Are they more likely to respond to a complaint to the the department of insurance or a suit in which they are required to respond?
The court may say you need to exhaust your administrative remedies first.

So file the complaint with the insurance bureaucrats first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">