• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired attorney's name on insurance settlement check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smartblonde

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
An uninsured motorist rear-ended me in May. I fired my first attorney because nothing was being done, she was a work comp attorney (not a personal injury attorney) and the case was being directed by a friend of hers who was disbarred for criminal activities and cannot practice law! My second attorney withdrew and said I don't owe him anything. I have only $15,000 uninsured motorist insurance coming and my bills are over $28,000. My second attorney told me that State Farm will make the check payable to my first attorney and to me! Can I demand that the check be made out only to me?

seniorjudge

smartblonde said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
An uninsured motorist rear-ended me in May. I fired my first attorney because nothing was being done, she was a work comp attorney (not a personal injury attorney) and the case was being directed by a friend of hers who was disbarred for criminal activities and cannot practice law! My second attorney withdrew and said I don't owe him anything. I have only $15,000 uninsured motorist insurance coming and my bills are over $28,000. My second attorney told me that State Farm will make the check payable to my first attorney and to me! Can I demand that the check be made out only to me?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=855819

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">