• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firestone tires

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mary S

We own a 99 Mountaineer with the Firestone Wilderness AT tires. To make a long story short, I went to have the tires inspected at my dealer and they told me the tires were fine--in other words, not part of the recall. I didn't believe them (in part because we had a blowout when the truck was only three months old--no injuries, thank God) and had the tires reinspected (at Firestone dealer). Turns out that one of the tires was indeed defective and needs to be replaced. I'd like to know if the dealership can be held liable for negligence or reckless endangerment (or whatever) despite the fact that there were no injuries as a result of their actions (at least not yet!) Is it worth my time and money to retain counsel or is it a losing battle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">