• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First rights when monies are inadequate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcbyker

I live in Maryland and was hit head-on by a sleeping driver near my home. The driver was in the high risk insured category so, naturally, carried the State minimum. I was seriously injured with high on-going medical costs which currently are being paid by my health insurance (PIP is gone at this time). My lawyer believes that the bills will exceed the monies available from all sources. Nevertheless, I just read my healh insurance subrogation and they appear to have first claim to all non-exausted funds. I pay a percent of all bills and all of those not approved. Do I have any rights to part the remaining funds (assuming there is some) if these are less than my health insurance company's claim or do my claims for reimbursement come last after all other parties?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">