• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Five car pile up Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AngelX

What is the name of your state? KY :eek:

Here is the situation. Yesterday we were involved in a five car pile up on a busy road. Someone cut off the driver in front of me. She stopped short. I stopped. I did not hit her. THe car behind me stopped quick, did not hit me. The car behind it, was not paying attention and slammed into the car behind me, slaming it into me, and me into the one in front of me.

The truck in front of me was not damaged the car not hurt. It had a trailer hitch on it which V'ed the front of my car. (A 94 elantra) my rear bumper was damaged but not much. No one was hurt.

My question now becomes...because the cost to fix the car is more than the car is worth, the total of the worth *being only 2,000* plus the tow fee & storage fee...whom do I contact? The insurance of the car that rear ended me, or the car that actually caused the accident?

Any help would be great! Thanks! :D

LdiJ

AngelX said:
What is the name of your state? KY :eek:

Here is the situation. Yesterday we were involved in a five car pile up on a busy road. Someone cut off the driver in front of me. She stopped short. I stopped. I did not hit her. THe car behind me stopped quick, did not hit me. The car behind it, was not paying attention and slammed into the car behind me, slaming it into me, and me into the one in front of me.

The truck in front of me was not damaged the car not hurt. It had a trailer hitch on it which V'ed the front of my car. (A 94 elantra) my rear bumper was damaged but not much. No one was hurt.

My question now becomes...because the cost to fix the car is more than the car is worth, the total of the worth *being only 2,000* plus the tow fee & storage fee...whom do I contact? The insurance of the car that rear ended me, or the car that actually caused the accident?

Any help would be great! Thanks! :D
If you have full coverage then turn it in to your insurance company and let them sort it out. If you don't have full coverage then turn it in to the insurance company of the person who hit you, and let THEM sort it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">