• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

testing123

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband was in a car accident June of last year. He was in the left turn lane. The other driver coming from the opposite direction also got in the left turn lane so my husband started to make his turn. The other driver sped out of the turn lane (without looking I'm assuming) and hit the passenger's side of my husband's car.

The other driver says she was never in the turn lane, and inserts another car in her story. When you think about it logically if the other car was where she says it was it would have hit my husband's car.

The officer didn't ask his side, and wrote him a ticket. His lawyer got it thrown out. He paid an obscene amount in insurance for several months after it was thrown out before it went back down. When you add it up it's about what they paid for his medical bills before funds ran out. Someone said we should be able to get the excess back. Is that true?

My husband has a witness saying she was in the turn lane, but we're not sure how credible he is, since the other insurance doesn't want to settle.

The short version is now it's supposed to go to trial, and we're not very happy with the current lawyer. The case has been passed between 3 lawyers already. He said one thing, now says another in what we should do. He's made an offer to settle that wouldn't even cover medical bills we owe (refused obviously). Now he says something about No Fault Insurance. We're not sure what that means, exactlly. He said even if we lose against the other driver's insurance his insurance is supposed to pay out an amount. Do we even need a lawyer for that? What is that?

We're considering finding another lawyer, but aren't sure what to ask, or how hard it would be to change lawyers.

Also we were told that the other driver, in response to his suit, is counter suing. My husband asked if she is suing us, or his insurance (his passenger sued his insurance), but his lawyer gave him the run around. Can people sue for more than the limit of his policy?

We're trying to get more information about his policy and what our options are, so I may post more questions later. Or if anyone has suggestions for questions we should be asking that would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">