• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flloded parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnatp

Flooded parking lot

This is the first time I have this forum, sorry for the incomplete description. My car was parked at the Houston Intercontinental airport. I parked my car at an off-airport parking lot and while I was gone, the parking lot flooded and caused $3,000 damage to my car. They say it was an "Act of God", but the lot has flooded in the past due to it's design and inadequate drainage systems. Can the parking lot keep using the "Act of God" defense when it has a KNOWN and recurring problem with flooding? This particular storm caused 6 other cars to flood and they settled with the other 5 people. I don't know why they think my case is worth fighting when they settled with the others.

Thanks
johnatp

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

johnatp said:
I parked my car at an off-airport parking lot and while I was gone, the parking lot flooded and caused $3,000 damage to my car. They say it was an "Act of God", but the lot has flooded in the past due to it's design and inadequate drainage systems. Can the parking lot keep using the "Act of God" defense when it has a KNOWN and recurring problem with flooding?
Thanks
johnatp

My response:

Why did you purposefully delete the "State Name" question? You didn't think it was important? You think that all laws are the same in each state, so it didn't matter?

Perhaps with that question answered, we might have been able to locate a State case dealing with your type of situation. So, no answer.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">