• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Four Wheeling!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JFadalla

I live in Mobile, AL. Me and my friends were out four wheeling, I let my buddy's girlfriend ride mine. She ends up flipping it. I have liability insurance on the quad. What kind of rights do I have?? Should they have to pay for it?? Any help would be great. THANKS!

JETX

Me and my friends were out four wheeling, I let my buddy's girlfriend ride mine. She ends up flipping it. I have liability insurance on the quad. What kind of rights do I have?? Should they have to pay for it??
If she flipped it due to her negligence or malice, demand payment from her. However, if it was simply an accident (or due to her inexperience which YOU ignored in allowing her), then she would likely have no liability.

JFadalla

Well, it just happened Saturday. When it happened she seemed like her parents would pay. But her did never did say anything about it. I'm going to wait till tomorrow, and giver her mom or dad a call, and go from there.

moburkes

Why are you calling her parents? You didn't ask for their permission before allowing her to ride it, did you? SHE is responsible for the damage that SHE caused.

xylene

Why are you calling her parents? You didn't ask for their permission before allowing her to ride it, did you? SHE is responsible for the damage that SHE caused.
I don't think the guy is making a lawsuit against the parents... (which wouldn't work) but there is nothing wrong with checking the deep trough first...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How old are you? Did her parents give her permission to ride the four wheeler? Did her parents even know she was riding the four wheeler? She had your permission to ride for the four wheeler? Why didn't you have comprehensive insurance on the four wheeler?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">