• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend wrecked my car assumed financial responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

popeterson

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Iowa. Accident happened in California

A licensed, no insurance, friend was driving my car and got into an accident while changing lanes. When he pulled over to assess the accident he exchanged information with the woman, and said he would be taking care of it out of pocket himself. No police report, no exchange of insurance, and no note of my name, license or other information (ie: who the car is registered too). He since has neglected to set up payment to the woman, after conversation with her about it many times, and has turned it on me, it has been 7 months since the accident.

Am i responsible for all damages? Can i go after him for partial payment if i end up having to cover this? I didn't notify my ins immediatly due to him taking responsibility at the time, am i screwed now?

Thanks for any help on this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">