• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

frustrating claim process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelp05

I live in Iowa. About two weeks ago, I got hit on the driver side while driving on the local highway. I did not make any lane shift or turn or anything or speeding. The other party came from a parking lot on the other side of the highway, crossing three lanes and hit me on the driver door. My driver door and her right front was damaged.

Cop came, there is a witness, who gave her information to the cop and left. Cop took down our informaiton and let us go, saying she is at fault but did not issue a ticket. (I got a strong feeling that the cop is biased and tried to set her free).

She told her insurance company, Progressive, that I was changing lanes while she came out and hit me, which was not true. I was on the same left lane all the time. Then her insurance just dragging this case on forever, always saying that they could not get hold of the cop to get the witness information to verify if I changed lanes, and did not want to accept full liability. I asked them to release a written statement that the other driver said "that I changed lanes" but they declined.

Any advice? Is it legal for me to try getting witness information/statment from the cop? Does it worth file a lawsuit?

My insurance is Geico, which is also a pain to work with. Never return my phone calls so I haven't been able to talk to my Geico adjustor yet.

Thank you very much for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">