• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fumble????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BDH

My wife and I were shopping yesterday and purchased a piece of furniture for $1,000. As the furniture was make to order (MTO), we placed 40% down (on credit card) and assumed to pay the balance upon receipt.

Later that evening the store called us at home and told us that the piece of furniture was in fact $2,000. They told us that we had some time to consider whether or not we wanted to pay that amount, otherwise, they would cancel the order for us.

We believe that we have a contract (bill of sale and deposit signed), at the agreed upon price of $1,000. If so, how can we enforce this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BDH said:
My wife and I were shopping yesterday and purchased a piece of furniture for $1,000. As the furniture was make to order (MTO), we placed 40% down (on credit card) and assumed to pay the balance upon receipt.

Later that evening the store called us at home and told us that the piece of furniture was in fact $2,000. They told us that we had some time to consider whether or not we wanted to pay that amount, otherwise, they would cancel the order for us.

We believe that we have a contract (bill of sale and deposit signed), at the agreed upon price of $1,000. If so, how can we enforce this?

My response:

You have posted your question(s) on the wrong Board. This is the Auto Accident Law Board. Please go back to the "Forum Page" and choose the Contracts Law Board, and re-post there.

Also, if you haven't mentioned your State name, or the State where your problem has occurred, please tell us in your first sentence.

Thank you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">