• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GA License Woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

petewisdom

Georgia
Hi, I am an non-immigrant worker from Venezuela with an H-1 Visa.
I was stopped last week because i had no tag and was arrested because apparently, according to Georgia law, even though i am not a legal resident of the U.S., i am one for the state of Georgia.
I was taken to jail and had to post bond of 300$ and have a court date and don't have a clue as to what to do.
I want to do waht's going to be less damaging to my record but also I am a little upset because the Driver's Manual of the state of GA clearly states that non-residents need no GA license.
Well, since the day i was arrested, I went out and got tags and am studying to get a GA license before my court date. What do you think my chances are? Also if you know, what are possible fines and/or sentences i could face. And last, should I get counsel and if so what kind?:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">