• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gas Tank Leakage Insurable??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheena227

What is the name of your state? NC single female looking for answers.
My gas tank began pouring out gas yesterday. I had it towed and went to Enterprise for a rental. I paid for out of pocket. I struck something in the road and I believe that's what caused my gas tank to leak. The estimated price is $350 for a used gas tank and $550 for new including labor costs.

Ok, here's the question....Is this insurable? Even though it wasn't an accident?

stephenk

under your comprehensive coverage (road hazard) you may be covered. check your policy. how much is your deductible? it may not be worth making a claim if your deductible is higher than the repair costs or close to the repair cost amount.

stephenk

i would pay for the used gas tank and not make a claim under the policy. not worth the possible increase in premiums for a $100 check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">