• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia auto accident time? & Jurisdiction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmasters

What is the name of your state? Georgia, Atlanta.

On Jan. 7, 2007, A lady ran a red light and struck my car as I passed through the intersection. This occured in downtown Atlanta, Fulton County. The police came, she recieved the citation, and we left. I went home, started hurting, and went to the hospital. I was ordered out of work for a month, and to physical therapy. The progressive adjuster, came out,looked at my ( 11 year old) car, and said there was 500.00 worth of damage. I took it to a repair shop that said 800.00. Progressive would not pay that. I took the car to their recommended shop, and by "chance" the repairs came to just their estimat ( later I spent 400.00 to fix the broken "tie rods" they failed to fix.) I took the car repair check, but would not settle.
Its been over a year. I have hospital bills that went to collections, and never got paid for missed work, perscriptions, or the rental they wouldnt pay for. I went to the court hose, the lady who hit me plead NOLO to the case, but did pay the citaition. Her address, birthdate, drivers license info is all on the ticket, however, she no longer lives at the address in Savanah Georgia. I can not find this lady. I want to sue her and make Progressive pay for my bills.
A. Is it too late to sue her? B. Can I win because she plead NoLo? C. Do I have to serve her a copy of the petition, how if I cant find her? D. Most of alll, where is the propper jurisdiction? Fulton County where the accident occurred; Henry County where I live; or Savannah, where she lived at the time?

Help please!!

racer72

You better hope you did not sign a blanket release when you accepted the money for the repairs to your car. By doing so you may have given up your right to sue.

ecmst12

Not likely since it was just for property damage. An insurance company who tried something like that would be in a world of hurt from bad faith claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">