• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia, Shopping Cart Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ITSONLYJUSTME

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA
MY SON WHO IS 9 WAS PUTTING A CART BACK INTO ONE OF THE CORALS AT A TARGET, THE CART GOT AWAY FROM HIM. THE PARKING LOT GOES FROM A HIGHER TO LOWER ELEVATION. BY THE TIME THE CART STOPPED IT HAD PICKED UP QUITE A BIT OF SPEED. THE PROBLEM IS THE THING THAT STOPPED IT WAS A NISSAN PATHFINDER OWNED BY A MAN WORKING OUT AT A BALLY HEALTH CENTER. A PATRON OF THE STORE CALLED THE POLICE AND WE FILED A REPORT. THE OFFICER TOOK MY DRIVERS LIC AND CAR INS INFO EVEN THOUGH MY VEHICLE WAS NOT INVOLVED. THE GUY WHO OWNS THE PATHFINDER WANTS ME TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGE TO HIS TRUCK. DO YOU THINK I WOULD BE MADE TO PAY FOR HIS DAMAGES IF HE TOOK ME TO COURT? SHOULDN'T HIS CAR INSURANCE COVER IT?

stephenk

first, dont type in CAPS. it's as if you are yelling.

the owner of the nissan can do two things.

1. He can go through his own insurance company and then have his insurance carrier go after you for reimbursement. if he has to pay any deductible he can let his carrier try and recover it or he can sue you in small claims court for the deductible.

OR

2. He can just get a couple of estimates for the damage and demand you pay him the amount stated in the lowest estimate. you can try and work an agreement for payment. make sure the agreement is in writing and signed by you and the other person. if you dont reach an agreement he can take you to small claims court.

good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">