• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting insurance to pay for yard care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmiller2

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I was involved in an accident in December 1999. Since this time, I've experience back problems and have been unable to do yard maintenance at my home. We are working on settling this case soon and they do not want to cooperate too much. Can I get them to pay for things such as lawn care service?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Charles Miller, III
[email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cmiller2 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I was involved in an accident in December 1999. Since this time, I've experience back problems and have been unable to do yard maintenance at my home. We are working on settling this case soon and they do not want to cooperate too much. Can I get them to pay for things such as lawn care service?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Charles Miller, III
[email protected]

My response:

Simple. It's not going to happen. The insurance company doesn't care one bit if you need a gardener, a maid, or a new kidney. What you do with any settlement or judgment money is your business; but, they're not going to settle for any amounts that have nothing to do with your ability to earn a wage, or your medical bills, or your vehicle repairs - - and maybe, they'll throw in an amount for General Damages. But, that's it.

Your job is to make the best settlement possible, or take the matter into litigation and "roll the dice." Again, how you spend your settlement or judgment money is of no concern to the insurance company. Their job is to keep as much money from you as possible.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">