• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

going on to long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bdauzat

What is the name of your state? Louisana
my daughter and i got hit while pulled over on the side of the road by a woman who had a seizure. this happened July of 2001. I got a lawyer 1 week later. Shouldnt I have my settlement by now?:( :confused:

G

gooberitiz

what were you expecting? Money to drop out of the sky?

Where along in the legal process is your case?

If you dont understand or know the answer to the question, thats why it might take 5 more years.

B

bdauzat

This is not a hard case at all. I pulled over on the side of the road to fix my daughters car seat and the lady who had also admitted to taken pain pills hit us. In the accident I was 8 months pregnant. My baby was born 1 month early due to stress from the accident. My back bone is messed up and hurts everyday,I can not work, my little girl now suffers from seizures that they think are related to the wreck. No it is not so much that I want the money now. It is just that my lawyer does not do ****. When you go in his office he is usually drinking beer, does not return messages. Does not answer my questions. They send me to the doctor and all he does is prescribe me pain pills that do no good. I have tried to talk to my lawyer about this but he always has a smart remark. I have got advances from him so I figured I have to stay with him. He tells me to go in the office and we will call her insurance company and when I go he makes up excuses that insurance companys are in no hurry. I tought I hired him. Shouldn't he try to settle with them when I want? He also tells me that he is having trouble b/c he wants to put my daughters money into my husbands name (who was not in the wreck) and her insurance company wants to know why. I don't even know why.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephenk

first, if the other insurance company does not want to pay at this time, there is nothing your attorney can do to make them pay. Since you are still treating, your condition has not stabilized. What have your doctors told you about future medical care? Are you seeing your own doctors or only doctors your attorney sent you to?

Nothing prevents you from consulting with another attorney and deciding to drop your present attorney.

B

bdauzat

The lawyer gave me 2 doctors to chose from. The doctor does not say anything. "need a refill"? I wanted to go to a chiropractor and the lawyer said NO!!The doctor leaves it up to me when I want to be realsed or not. I had stopped going for a couple of months b/c they were not doing anything. What about the thing with my daughters money? The doctor put her on seizure med. and sleeping med. and released her. Since my lawyer is a butt how do I approach him and make him explain things? I tried telling him to explain things to me and he gets mad.He also said we could not sue on my son's behalf because he was not actually here is that true?

stephenk

did your OB/GYN note in your pregnancy records the reason you gave birth early? other than being born 1 month early, is there any injury or defect or problem resulting from the early birth that your son had or still has?

B

bdauzat

Sorry took so long to answer. No the doctor did not put down anything about my son being early in result from the wreck. The ladys insurance had 25/50/25. My lawyer, without asking me demanded 25000 for me and 10,000 for my daughter. Was he able to do that without asking me if that is all I wanted to ask for. My daughter now has seizures and I think she deserve more than that.:mad:

stephenk

you can only demand 25k for your case because that is the single limit on the policy.

what has your daughter's doctor diagnosed as the cause of her seizures? have her doctor's formed the opinion the seizures are a result of the accident?

B

bdauzat

Noone in the world can prove that the wreck caused the seizures but yes they said they are from the wreck. She is only 3 and is very nervous with loud noises . I asked my lawyer why he did not ask for more with her and he said because she did not have lost wages and not as many medical bills as me. I have another question. My laywer sent the demand letter. Now the other party,s lawyer said he has to get in touch with his clients adjuster. How long will all this take? Will they just agree to that amount or am I looking at another couple of months for my money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">