• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Golf Ball Broke My Windshield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scottmraymond

What is the name of your state?New Hampshire
I was driving my truck this weekend on a public road near a golf course and a golf ball shattered my window. I stopped and found the guy who did it and got his name and number, then stopped at the pro shop where they told me they were not responsible. I then got two quotes to replace the windshield and went with the lower quote ($370). I have a high insurance deductible so I paid in cash. Now the guy who hit the ball is unwilling to pay for the damage because he thinks $370 is too much and that "I should have had better insurance".

Do I have any recourse either with the guy or the golf course?

Thanks,
Scott R.

racer72

Unless you can prove the golfer was negligent and broke your windshield on purpose, you have no case. Did you check with your insurance, many companies waive the deductable portion of your comprehensive when it comes to glass replacement.

stephenk

sue the golfer in small claims court. Hitting the ball onto a public highway is negligent, unless he can show that the golf course somehow is responsible for not putting up a fence or netting to prevent errant shots.

Make sure to ask for your court costs. you can ask for loss of use of your truck for the time you couldn't drive it until it was repaired, typically $25/day.

You may want to take some pictures of the area you were at when the ball hit your truck to show the judge the layout of the street and golf course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">