• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

golf ball property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael M

What is the name of your state? Florida

MY question is the following. You are on a golf course and one of your shots goes astray into the adjacent street. The street is parallel to the particular hole. There are only some decorative coral rock between the actual hole and the street as well as several trees. The ball after being struck hits the back window of a vehicle. Am I liable for the damage or is the Golf course for not having the appropiate barriers. It would not be uncommon for a typical weekend golfer to accidently hit his/her ball in to this street. I don't believe I was negligent since I was on the golf course and isn't there an assumed risk. I am scheduled for arbitration with the Insurance company that paid for the repairs. Am I liable for the damages?? 100 % or partial ? Help fellow golfers !

You Are Guilty

Michael M said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

MY question is the following. You are on a golf course and one of your shots goes astray into the adjacent street. The street is parallel to the particular hole. There are only some decorative coral rock between the actual hole and the street as well as several trees. The ball after being struck hits the back window of a vehicle. Am I liable for the damage or is the Golf course for not having the appropiate barriers. It would not be uncommon for a typical weekend golfer to accidently hit his/her ball in to this street. I don't believe I was negligent since I was on the golf course and isn't there an assumed risk. I am scheduled for arbitration with the Insurance company that paid for the repairs. Am I liable for the damages?? 100 % or partial ? Help fellow golfers !
Hear that noise? It's personal responsibility, and it's a-knockin'. Apparently, it hasn't been able to find you since your last day on the links. I think it has something very important to tell you before your hearing, so you might want to speak to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">