• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

good Faith

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rushoff

What is the name of your state? California
I am getting the run around by our total loss insurance employee.
Our car was totaled on 8/08/03. We had an insurance settlement
offer on 8/15/03. To maybe get the amount upped, we had to come up with no less then 3 other comparable vehicles of like make,ect.. by 8/17/03. We called this individual that very morning, we got a call, just before 3:00 P.M. that we had to fax our paperwork that very moment. I had to get a ride (my vehicle was the one totaled, and my husband was using the rental).
I did fax them within 35 minutes, he was going on vacation and wanted all loose end taken care of..right.. We did not know about this vacation, before hand.

We called this person at 4:50 P.M., to find out, that he had not even gone across the room, to retrieve our faxes.
That delayed our claim offer, by 11 days before he would be back in the office. He did not even offer to have another employee to take over the claim.
Now, on Friday, 9/05/03, he told us and our insurance agent, that
he would Fed Ex overnight the paperwork, that would finalize this total loss claim. The paperwork did not arrive that next day or the
day after that..
We called this person on 9/08/03, he said that if,
we had not received the paperwork by that day, he would give us the confirmation number the next day, 9/09/03. He was called
the next day and did not, return our calls.. Our rental car has run out (on 3/08/03). He promised my husband, that we would have the check this morning (9/10/03) at 10:35 A.M.
What, if any, recourse do we have? We have no rental car and
no check from the insurance company (Allied insurance company) as of, 9/10/03.
Sorry for this long explanation. Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Mrs. J. Ruschhaupt.

R

rushoff

Yes, our agent is really trying to work with the insurance company. Even our agent, has never encountered this type of
total disregard from another insurance company. It seems to my husband and I, that our insurance company, does not want to work with our agent either..

We are at a stand still at this time...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">