• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this a good settlement offer??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rheannon

What is the name of your state?ny i was in a auto accident 18 months ago was rearended. injury i recieved was to the upper back lower neck, i am still being treated. my medical bills currently are at 12,500.00 so far. The insurance company offered me 50,000.00 to settle for pain and suffering I have no attorney fees, i have negociated this myself, do you think this would this be a fair settlement??

HomeGuru

rheannon said:
What is the name of your state?ny i was in a auto accident 18 months ago was rearended. injury i recieved was to the upper back lower neck, i am still being treated. my medical bills currently are at 12,500.00 so far. The insurance company offered me 50,000.00 to settle for pain and suffering I have no attorney fees, i have negociated this myself, do you think this would this be a fair settlement??

**A: no............

rheannon

4x medical is not a fair offer?? since I do not have to pay an attorney?? if i had to pay a lawyer i would have to get over 80,000.00 to get above 50,000.00 right!!i am confused here, what would be a good number then without having have to pay for a lawyers services and fees??

teflon_jones

How much longer are you going to need treatment for? What is the extent of the damage to your back/neck?

From initially reading your post, it sounds like a very good offer since you didn't mention any surgery was needed.

Lynx 36

rheannon said:
This is a great offer. An atty wouldn't get you any more than this and plus they would take a third of it. So you would actually get less money.

rheannon

no i did not have surgery. i suffered from 2 buldging disks c5 and c6, the only major procedure was medial branch block late last summer other than that it was only the steroid shots and pt,the only treatments in the future will be the steroid shots every couple months. i am 44 years old so my age comes in to play in the whole injury, when the accident happened on aug 30 2003, i needed no ambulance was not treated till 3 days after 1st by chiro for about a week then i went to mediacal doctor had mri done ect.. took me out of work on sept 19,2003 i did not return back to work till feb 17th 2004. my company paid my wages in full for that time period so i did not loose any wages..as far as getting back to normal i am pretty much there already i do not see any long time disabilty for this, i mean i have already had 17 months of treatment, so basically i am really at treatments end... will this continue to plague me in the future?? i don't think anyone can answer that 100% correct, so iguess that is the chances we are willing to accept when we settle our claims right!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">