• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got accident form, not involved in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glb1976

Recently, in our complex, a neighbor has claimed that she has a witness who saw me accidently damage her car in our private complex parking lot. Her insurance company has contacted me (by phone) and has sent me a form requesting my insurance information, and my version of "the accident that took place" on such and such a date. I am a very careful driver, and have not been in an accident, and I obviously didn't do any damage to this woman's car. In fact, I wasn't even in town when it happened, so this woman and her 'witness' are obviously telling a story. Is this the "no fault insurance fraud" that's been talked about lately? I don't want my insurance company paying for this person's damages, and therefore, I have no intention of responding. If she sends something certified, how should I fill out a form requesting accident information that did not involve my vehicle?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

glb1976 said:
Recently, in our complex, a neighbor has claimed that she has a witness who saw me accidently damage her car in our private complex parking lot. Her insurance company has contacted me (by phone) and has sent me a form requesting my insurance information, and my version of "the accident that took place" on such and such a date. I am a very careful driver, and have not been in an accident, and I obviously didn't do any damage to this woman's car. In fact, I wasn't even in town when it happened, so this woman and her 'witness' are obviously telling a story. Is this the "no fault insurance fraud" that's been talked about lately? I don't want my insurance company paying for this person's damages, and therefore, I have no intention of responding. If she sends something certified, how should I fill out a form requesting accident information that did not involve my vehicle?
My response:

This is simple. Merely reply to the writer by saying:

"Dear ___________

"Your insured knows the laws, and is well and able to sue me in Small Claims Court if she feels she has proof of any negligence on my part, which is hereby denied, including any claimed damages in any sum or sums at all.

"Therefore, if she, or you, want the information requested as indicated in your letter dated _____________, she and you will only obtain the same in the litigation process.

"Unless there is litigation, you and your insured are specifically directed never to make any form of contact with me in the future."

"Sincerely,

____________________________"
(Your printed name here,
below your signature on the
above line)

Good luck to you,

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">