• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got hit while parked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ruman3

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I had just parked my car in front of my residence and when i opened my door, a car that was driving down the street scrapped the end of it. My door was open before the car was next to me which is why the person's car made contact from the front passenger side. The bottem of my door is now bent and the guy has a big scratch on the front passenger side and tries to blame the incident on me but i was able to get his insurance but he wouldnt give me his license and drove away before i got his plates or got a chance to call the police. But i do have the type and the year of the car including his insurance policy number and his name and his VIN. I wanted to know who would be at fault if i tried to file a police report and what procedure i should follow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">