• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got hit while parked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ernesto821

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My car got hit while parked and got totaled. It was a 1999 dodge neon. The one who hit it didn't have insurance and I also didn't have uninsured coverage for my car. It got towed right away since it was blocking the street. YES, he knocked out my car out of the parking place and block half of the street. I signed a release form or whatever to the towing company to approve to dispose the car. My problem was noone would give me the estimate value of the car before it got hit and I need that to give to the police office to let them know how much the accident cost me. I am so furious how someone could just hit my parked car and get me into this mess, running to and from the police office and insurance company and towing company. I have to at least do something back to him to get him pay back. I just feel like I had been fooled by all those ppl (insurance, police station, & towing company).

Any advice would be really really appreciated.

EDIT: cops are always there to ticket me when i speed once in a while, squeal a little bit or pass a stop sign with <5mph. but, they don't do nothing to that idiot who hit my parked car and got totaled. thanks so much to those asssholes

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you tried Kelly Blue Book, or Edmunds?

Oh, and to paraphrase...Accidents happen

ernesto821

they won't take kbb value... their reason was because they can't see the car's condition.

YEA! ACCIDENTS happens, i didn't know i don't have uninsured motorist coverage. it was only $5 per 6 month. i didn't chose not to have it. i just didn't realize i dropped it somehow.:(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">