• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got insurance a 2 days after accident..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dalepro59

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin....

I have another post on here about this accident. But in a nutshell a woman ran a red light and we collided. I didn't have insurance at the time but did get liability two days later. I have 2 witnesses that say the woman ran the red and one says I did. The officer wrote no tickets. Her insurance is saying that "their" investigation reveals that I'm at fault. The police report has two saying she ran the red and one saying I did. I didn't run the red. What should I do? I'm thinking of filing a small claim against her insurance to get my car fixed. I'm also sending a letter to her insurance telling them that their client is at fault based on the police report. With 3 witnesses, 2 for me and 1 for her what are my chances of winning a small claim etc???

seniorjudge

Dalepro59 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin....

I have another post on here about this accident. But in a nutshell a woman ran a red light and we collided. I didn't have insurance at the time but did get liability two days later. I have 2 witnesses that say the woman ran the red and one says I did. The officer wrote no tickets. Her insurance is saying that "their" investigation reveals that I'm at fault. The police report has two saying she ran the red and one saying I did. I didn't run the red. What should I do? I'm thinking of filing a small claim against her insurance to get my car fixed. I'm also sending a letter to her insurance telling them that their client is at fault based on the police report. With 3 witnesses, 2 for me and 1 for her what are my chances of winning a small claim etc???
You can't file anything against her insurance carrier since you have no contract with them.

So, figure out the dollar amount of damages you have and sue in small claims against the person who caused the wreck.

And make sure you have all your good witnesses subpoenaed to show up.

Dalepro59

Her insurance is coming after me...

Although there are 2 witnesses that say she ran the red light and one that says I did, and no tickets were written I have her insurance company coming after me for money. What should I do??

HomeGuru

Dalepro59 said:
Although there are 2 witnesses that say she ran the red light and one that says I did, and no tickets were written I have her insurance company coming after me for money. What should I do??

**A: hire a damn good attorney.

S

shell007

Dalepro59 said:
The fact that you purchased insurance afterwards will do you absolutey NO GOOD in this case.

Sounds like he said...she said! If in the end you are found liable for the accident, you have no choice other than to pay out of your own pocket for damages! :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">