• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got rear ended ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phas

What is the name of your state?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ky
driving down I-64, about 55 to 60 mph, pulling a trailer with 3 brand new 4 wheelers on it. next thing we now a car past us real fast. then a few seconds later BANG someone hit us in the rear. Its was dark never seen no lights. got off the rode. couldn't see no one around then here came a guy,
said he was sorry for hitting us he didn't see us. He was looking at flashing lights across the road , it blinded him. He said his pass us. He called 911, cops came.
cop report said he wasn't paying attention. and said I wasn't driving but I was. now the cop is rewriting the report he made a mistake. he is putting me down as driver now.
the guy that hit us his insurance man told us to get our stuff estimated,
yesterday a guy came to take pictures for State farm .
now today he said he wasn't going to pay for none of the damage because the guy said we just pulled out on the road. and that my husband was driving. he couldn't of seen that. here is just one lie we caught him in.
what can we do now?

Your post is difficult to read because of the way it's written, but I think I was able to decipher it.

Since the driver of the other vehicle changed his story, file a claim through your carrier and explain what happened.

T

Trucking Mad

BelizeBreeze said:
And DID you file a claim with your insurance?
Have a copy of the revised accident report sent to your insurance co. and let them handle it. Do not delay in having a repair estimate quote ( maybe 2 or 3) it will help speed things along. Make sure they check everything( trailer & vehicles including your 4 wheelers).

phas

yes told ins. and told him he needed to get the new police report.
sent estimates to the other guys ins.

T

Trucking Mad

phas said:
yes told ins. and told him he needed to get the new police report.
sent estimates to the other guys ins.
Thats great! You're on your way to resolution. Keep us posted to your progress

phas

just got a letter from his state farm ins. said he was unable to accept liability and address the claim.
Can't find a lawyer that wants to sue for damages they all want to sue for medical, which are ins. is handling.
Are there any forms online that can get the ball rolling?
thanks

T

Trucking Mad

phas said:
just got a letter from his state farm ins. said he was unable to accept liability and address the claim.
Can't find a lawyer that wants to sue for damages they all want to sue for medical, which are ins. is handling.
Are there any forms online that can get the ball rolling?
thanks
Your ins. should deal with his ins. for any repairs to your vehicle(s). If there were any injuries you should follow what your lawyer directs you to do. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">