• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The grand total

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dandt

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have gotten all the statements for my medical bills regarding the accident I was in the middle of October.

Now comes the scary part....I am going to be submitting these to the adjuster. They have already paid for the property damage($2500.00)

My medical bills total 1500.00 and lost wages about $400.00, I took little time off and went to most of my appointments on my time.

I still have problems off and on, as I increase my activity, but the physical therapist taught me how to manage this on my own.

Now I get to figure out the "pain and suffering" portion of this claim, so I can determine if the settlement is fair.

I do not have an attorney....yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks

It's not wise to settle the medical portion of your claim if you are still having problems from the accident. You will be asked to sign a release when you settle the medical portion, and you cannot go back later and ask for more. You should consult with a personal injury attorney.

dandt

That's just it.....I know that I will have pain from time to time, just due to the nature of the injury. My doctor has even said this. It could be next week or years....nobody knows

...That's all the more reason not to settle your claim. A PI lawyer can sit down with you and advise you of a reasonable settlement offer. Your future medical bills needs to seriously be considered.

dandt

How is future medical determined when it's unknown? Can my physical therapist estimate it? He's the one that I've seen the most.

S

shell007

OP: You have two years to file a personal injury claim. It has only been about two months in your case. Your doctor will be able to speculate on any further complications you may have with your current injuries. In addition: many latent problems could surface as time goes one. Tust me...I have personal knowledge of this.

Have a personal injury attorney look at your case. An initial consultation will usually not cost you anything especially if they decide to take your case. A PI attorney will also usually take your case on a contingent fee basis. Usually about 1/3 of your settlement. :)

Shellandty is correct. If you settle the claim and then have problems down the road, you don't get another bite at the apple. Get a PI lawyer to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">