• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

groups and restraining orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dave5

If someone can provide evidence that ecclesiastical organizations are following and occasionally harassing them when they are out in public can some sort of restraining order be arrived at to prevent this from taking place? I don't know the law, but following somebody wherever they go smacks of stalking to me. It seems like individuals should have the ability to put it to an end.
Well, let's say you're a member of a Church and wish to leave it. But when you try to leave other members are upset, follow you around and occasionally harass you in order to make your life miserable. You try to ignore it assuming it will end in a period of time. But it doesn't. It just keeps going on and on. At some point isn't there something an individual can do, legally, to put a stop to it?

[Edited by Dave5 on 11-13-2000 at 03:47 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru1 said:
What the hell are you talking about?
Homey:

What Dave5 is trying to say is that he had joined one of those weird, hillbilly, Jesus Freako, organizations that cater to the Zombies and brainless followers in our society.

Since Dave5 doesn't want to be a Zombie anymore, he's got these crazed idiots following him around, and making life a hell for him, screaming "It's our way, or no way", "Remember, God loves you!!", "God needs you!!" "Come back, Dave5, Come back!!"

So now, he wants to go to court and obtain a Restraining Order against these "WHACKOS" that he used to pray with, and do all sorts of weird things with - - like playing with snakes, and stalking other former members.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">