• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

had accident uninsured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macnkatz

What is the name of your state? Tn
I Had a car accident last month it was minor no tickets where issued.The day of the accident we had just got are car out of the shop it had been off the road for 3 months. We have a the recipe of where the car was in the shop and how long it was in there, So when we was in the accident we did not have insurence. WE got insurence a day after the accident. I believe we where at fault. Put anyways his insurence company has call us. What is going to happen since we did not have insurence at that time? And what happens if we do not have the money to pay for the damage on his car? Can we lose are driving rights because of not having insurence at the time of the accident, or now since we do have it will it save are right?
thank you lori
:(

racer72

What is going to happen since we did not have insurence at that time?
You are going to pay for the damages out of pocket.

And what happens if we do not have the money to pay for the damage on his car?
You will probably be sued and will lose. Then wages can be garnished and bank accounts seized.

Can we lose are driving rights because of not having insurence at the time of the accident, or now since we do have it will it save are right?
Driving is a privelige, not a right. That fact you bought insurance a day to late won't matter, the driver of the vehicle will lose their drivers license. You will also be required to have an SR-22 filing with the state, this means high risk insurance and the high rates that go with it.

I would at a minimum suggest a consultation with an attorney. The doodoo is about to get very deep for someone.

macnkatz

Update

state tn

I thought I would update in this issue... We never went to court on the accident. which i guess that a good thing... We got a letter from the collection agenties saying that we had to pay 851.00 dollars. So we called and made payment agrement. which is 25 dollars a month... which will not break us. anyways as long as we make the payments we will keep are driving rights. So needless to say this all went well and nothing bad came out of it not sure it would always go this way. We had to pay out of are pocket to fix are car but so be it at lest it end ok....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">