• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Had my car hit while it was parked (Michigan)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MI1973

I'm in Michigan.

My car was parked on the street, and someone backed into it and caused damage to the front end and hood. I know the person who did it, and he has agreed to pay the deductible for the repairs. I didn't make my claim yet.

Should I file the claim on my insurance, and have them bill his insurance? Or, should he file the claim?

Any advice would help. Thanks.

justalayman

why are you doing it as you are? I would simply make a claim against their insurance and be done with it.

If you don't want to do that and simply want them to pay your deductible, you would file a claim with your insurance and pay the deductible and have them reimburse you. Of course when you report this to your insurance company they are going to ask for the details and when you tell them who did it, they may very well seek reimbursement for any payments made from the other party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">