• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hail damage claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

truetexan

What is the name of your state? Texas

I've collected previously on hail damage and chose to use the money for another purpose. They wrote the check in my name. It has been a year and another hail storm in April (5 months ago) damaged my car further. Can I collect again from my insurance? Do I have to mention that I did not fix it the first time?

Thank you,
truetexan

stephenk

Believe me, they will know you didnt fix the prior damage when they compare the photos from your prior claim with the photos of your "new" claim.

No photos of the prior claim? They will ask you for proof that you had the car fixed for the prior claim.

T

truetexan

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I've been curious of the legality of this for some time now. I appreciate your candor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">