• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He Backed Into ME, in a parking lot!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mirandah2k

TX

I was going through a restaurant parking lot about to park and while I was waiting for an available space, the SUV in the space directly to the right of my vehicle began to back into my car. I beeped my horn and he just kept coming. Instead of admitting fault, we exchanged information and when I contacted his insurance company the next daty they told me that the dad (passenger) is covered, but not the son (driver). Now we have to go through an investigation (which I don't mind, because I'm right) but meanwhile my car is damaged and his insurance probably won't cover it. He is being a jerk about paying me out of pocket. I even have pictures and taped conversation of him saying that since I told his company the truth (that his son was driving), I made a mistake. Can I sue this man??

moburkes

mirandah2k said:
TX

I was going through a restaurant parking lot about to park and while I was waiting for an available space, the SUV in the space directly to the right of my vehicle began to back into my car. I beeped my horn and he just kept coming. Instead of admitting fault, we exchanged information and when I contacted his insurance company the next daty they told me that the dad (passenger) is covered, but not the son (driver). Now we have to go through an investigation (which I don't mind, because I'm right) but meanwhile my car is damaged and his insurance probably won't cover it. He is being a jerk about paying me out of pocket. I even have pictures and taped conversation of him saying that since I told his company the truth (that his son was driving), I made a mistake. Can I sue this man??
Also, if you have collision, you can get your vehicle repaired through your own insurance company. And, no, it shouldn't increase your premium if the accident is determined not to be your fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">