• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he had no ...........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

man-o-man

What is the name of your state? CA

My friend had an accident. The accident was not his fault. There was a fair amount of damage ($3K or $4K). My friend is insured, but I don't know if he had "uninsured driver" coverage.

But ~ the other guy .....
No Drivers Licence ...... No Car Insurance ..... Did not speak english.

Assuming my friend does not have "uninsured motorist" coverage what are his options? Small Claims Court? Should the police be informed of the unlicenced and uninsured person who is still driving?

Accident

Assuming the accident happened on a public street, the policy should have been called to the scene ASAP. The police would've handled the whole unlicensed, uninsured driver problem right there.

Any accident with damage over $750 has to be reported to the DMV on an SR-1 form. If he has the other driver's info, it'll go on that form. But, unless he knows where the guy lives, it'll be hard for the police to track him down.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">