• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance company "Bad Faith"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kjmome

I have individual health insurance. I had a baby August of 1999 and they are still denying some of my claims. They are responsible to pay for these under the provisions of the handbook. I have paid all my premiums on time and I am wondering if I have much of a case to sue them in civil court for "bad faith" for not following through on their end of the contract. Have you ever seen the movie "The Rainmaker" my case is so much like that it is scary. They deny everything and then I have to do all the work to get them to pay or even look at it again. I have talked to my doctors office and they have encountered several patients who have had the same problem with this insurance company. Please give me any suggestions you might find useful and if anyone is having this same problem with the same company please let me know so maybe we can buddy up. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by kjmome (edited September 15, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You need to stop with the names. Do not refer to them by name. Don't mention their name anymore.

Now, you probably have an insurance bad faith claim, around the realm of breach of contract.

Okay, basically, you need an attorney to tackle this. Contact your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral to one who is experienced with this type of litigation. Pull up your sleeves and prepare for a fight!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">