• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance coverage responsibilites by employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rupee

I resigned from my position in June of this year. The company I had been employed by filed for bankruptcy in Feb. As of the 3rd of July they reopened and had been bought out by another prominent medical provider/company. No one bothered to terminate my family's health insurance plan, although administrative parties on all levels within the company were notified. I contacted the health insurance carrier two weeks later, 6/30/00 and left my information on a grievance voicemail line. Up until now no one knows how it is possible that I have not been terminated from the plan, and no one knows who or what party is making contributions to the Health Insurance Plan of greater ny on my behalf. Although the new employer maintained the same administrative staff on site, they claim they can not submit any paperwork on my behalf since they are a new entity. My biggest problem is, because of their irresponsibility I can not put my children on child health plus at least, not until they formerly terminate my policy. I spoke to representatives at HIP, and they stated, that my former employer needs to terminate the policy. I explained to them that they no longer exist. I am in dire need of medical attention and have already been advised that if and when this is straightened out, the termination would be retroactive. Therefore, if I seek any medical attention from my HIP doctor, I will ultimately be billed for any services rendered. My former doctor had to see me and now is advising that I need a cranial ct scan etc. But, I can not have the exam done because the insurance company will not pay for it. There is something serious going on with my health and I can not afford to be billed thousands of dollars. As of 10/26/00 I can not seek any state funded medical program because of this. Also, I have two children who need to be seen by a pediatric opthamologist. My 5 yr old's follow-up visit, and my 18 month old's initial consultation had to be cancelled because of the fact that the insurance company will not pay for those visits since I should have been ceased employment since 6/14/00. Once again, contributions are being made/ the paperwork was and has not been processed. But, I am being advised that if I seek out medical attention, they will bill me retroactively. I don't know what to do. No one has any viable information. I am truly worried. Why should my life and the lives of my children be jeopardized by their irresponsibilities. What should and, what can I do legally??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">