• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance v. Medical Payments Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

notfair

So would it be advisable not to carry Medical Payments on your own insurance if you have health insurance coverage? So if you are in an accident, your health insurance should cover, and expect reimbursement if an at-fault party reimburses, but in the event it was your fault or the at-fault party doesn't settle, it would seem to me Medical Payments option on your auto insurance would be a waste of money if you have health insurance. Is there any errors with this type of view.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

notfair said:
So would it be advisable not to carry Medical Payments on your own insurance if you have health insurance coverage? So if you are in an accident, your health insurance should cover, and expect reimbursement if an at-fault party reimburses, but in the event it was your fault or the at-fault party doesn't settle, it would seem to me Medical Payments option on your auto insurance would be a waste of money if you have health insurance. Is there any errors with this type of view.
My response:

Keep your Health Care Coverage. Cancel medical coverage on your auto policy. Why bother paying for two, when one is going to claim reimbursement anyway ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">