• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TriciaLC

I am always liable--can you email me or message me? i have aim and icq. icq-71028630. aim-tricialc

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TriciaLC said:
I am always liable--can you email me or message me? i have aim and icq. icq-71028630. aim-tricialc

My response:

Sorry. I don't communicate with writers off of these forums. If you need to say something to me, you'll need to write it here.

IAAL

T

TriciaLC

the other guy's insurance HAS already accepted liability. they have been out to see my car, declared it a total loss, and then said they would get back in touch with me to for an offer. they haven't gotten back in touch with me yet, it's been almost a week. do you think i should look into getting a lawyer?

btw, im a redhead (c:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TriciaLC said:
the other guy's insurance HAS already accepted liability. they have been out to see my car, declared it a total loss, and then said they would get back in touch with me to for an offer. they haven't gotten back in touch with me yet, it's been almost a week. do you think i should look into getting a lawyer?

btw, im a redhead (c:

My response:

Okay - - but, I don't think that anyone has told you (yet) that they have "accepted liability". Insurance adjusters typically inspect vehicles just to see what their exposure to liability is, and to get pictures - - so they can measure your vehicle damages when compared to your bodily injury damages, and to make sure that you don't claim further damages. Doing that doesn't mean they have accepted liability - yet.

But, if they have, in fact, told you that they are accepting liability, just don't expect them to move with lightening speed. Had you used your own insurance company from the start, your car would have already been paid, minus your deductible, and then the other insurance company would have reimbursed you that amount. But, my point is, that you would have had your money in hand by now, and could have already bought another vehicle.

If you were injured, I would strongly suggest that you hire a personal injury attorney.

Are you a redhead from the "cuffs to the collar?"

IAAL

T

TriciaLC

Does that mean am I a true redhead? Yep!

Thanks also for all of your replies. I just feel like I am being kept in the dark about everything, and I have no idea what my rights and responsibilites are at this point. Do lawyers only help with injury claims? Because I only had minor injuries.

T

TriciaLC

AIM= AOL instant messenger, it means i am happy to discuss things there that probably can't be talked about here! you should look into downloading it (c:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">