• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nettdawg

What is the name of your state? FL

My daughter's car was hit by a driver employed by a franchisee of a well known national business. While at a gas station, the driver drove right into her car, noticed that he had something and backed-up, causing additional damage. The polica report reflects the driver as having caused the accident. My daughter was taken to a local hospital emergency unit for evaluation. The attending physician found (after x-rays), that her left knee had suffered a concussion and recommended that she keep off her feet for the next three days.

All I want to be reimbursed is for the car damage repairs, car rental transportation whilce the car is being repaired, medical expenses and my daughter's loss of wages. The local franchisee's manager refused assistance in any manner, yelled at me to contact my lawyer (?) and slammed the phone at me.

Will a lawyer be need for this event or is this in the lines of a small claims court case?

JETX

Jurisdictional limit of FL small claims is $5000, so as long as the total of your claim is under that, you can file there.
Here is a link to information:
http://www.metro-dade.com/clerk/SmallClaims.htm

If you can file this in small claims, and the defendant doesn't transfer it to a higher court, then you could get by without an attorney in small claims.

However, if the defendant (or his insurance company) gets an attorney, you would be a huge disadvantage without one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">