• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martedamtak

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Here is what happened..I was on middle lane driving on green light towards free way ramp...and this lady breaks red signal and hits my car. My car is totally wrecked. I call 911 and police files report. I call my insurance and tell them abotu this accident. After 2-3 days I get police report and insurance information of the other party. So I update my insurance with that info and they file a claim to other party's insurance. Now it turns out, the lady carried wrong insurance information. The insurance information that she provided was someone elses (could be previous owner of that car) and insurance company denies the claim, as its no longer active.

I ask my insurance company to run tab search..and they find address and owner's information. They could not find phone number or any other insurance information. I have mailed the owner of the car. So far no response from them. I only have Liability and so my insurance wont cover it.

What should I do now?? Is there any lawyer who can help me with this on contigency basis..I am student and cant afford expensive lawyers..But still want to file a case against that lady..she was driving without insurance and thats illegal.

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">