• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lizhaviland

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Rhode Island is where the accident occured but I live in Mass.

I was in a car accident where i was stopped behind someone on an off ramp on the highway. This guy rear ended me and my air bags deployed and my head smashed the windshiled. The car was totaled and i went to the E.R.This happened on Dec 21 and it is now Jan 5. The person who hit me still has not contacted their insurance company and i have been going through so much trouble trying to figure this out and do things without a car adn i was just told that his insurance company has to give him 15 days to contact them. I missed job interviews my christmas was horrible without a car my neck and head hurt for days and i am not allowed to get anything out of my car until he contacts his insurance company. I start night school next week and i have no car to get there. i just want to know what my options are. I am 18 so i cannot get a rental car. I want to know if there is any way i can get money for all the trouble and stress i am going through.

S

shell007

lizhaviland said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Rhode Island is where the accident occured but I live in Mass.

I was in a car accident where i was stopped behind someone on an off ramp on the highway. This guy rear ended me and my air bags deployed and my head smashed the windshiled. The car was totaled and i went to the E.R.This happened on Dec 21 and it is now Jan 5. The person who hit me still has not contacted their insurance company and i have been going through so much trouble trying to figure this out and do things without a car adn i was just told that his insurance company has to give him 15 days to contact them. I missed job interviews my christmas was horrible without a car my neck and head hurt for days and i am not allowed to get anything out of my car until he contacts his insurance company. I start night school next week and i have no car to get there. i just want to know what my options are. I am 18 so i cannot get a rental car. I want to know if there is any way i can get money for all the trouble and stress i am going through.
Do you have your OWN car insurance with rental?
If you do...you can file everying through your insurance carrier to get the ball rolling, and then your carrier will go after the "other driver's carrier" to get reimbursed.

lizhaviland

shellandty said:
Do you have your OWN car insurance with rental?
If you do...you can file everying through your insurance carrier to get the ball rolling, and then your carrier will go after the "other driver's carrier" to get reimbursed.
i have the least insurance that you can have in mass. and i think you have to be 25 to be able to rent a car. im 18. i want to know if there is anything i can sue him for bc i am missing job interviews and i cant get to school and i cant get my plates until he calls so i have to pay for my car insurance the whole time its sitting at the towing place.... this is so frustrating!!

S

shell007

lizhaviland said:
i have the least insurance that you can have in mass. and i think you have to be 25 to be able to rent a car. im 18. i want to know if there is anything i can sue him for bc i am missing job interviews and i cant get to school and i cant get my plates until he calls so i have to pay for my car insurance the whole time its sitting at the towing place.... this is so frustrating!!
Yes you can sue, but this is not going to help your current situation immediately. You can't sue today, and get $$$ tomorrow. It just doesn't work like that.

Today is the 15th day that you referred to in your first post. Contact their insurance co. again.

Were you at fault in any way? Did you hit the car infront of you? How did your head hit the windshield? Where you not wearing a seatbelt?

Alot of vehicle air-bags do not deploy as a result of being hit in the rear.

ablessin

That's right, they are designed for head on and front -side impact.

Unless he was was driving at more than 35 MPH when he hit you from behind, which would indicate the other driver wasn't paying much attention.

How much damage to that car?

Hey, I was in an accident, and my car was at the repair shop FOUR weeks, all the while I was paying insurance on it, and get this, I Had to pay my car payment that month too! Imagine that! :eek: And I couldn't even drive it. How inconvenient was that?

That was when I learned, you get what you pay for and I upped my benefits. yeah- it costs me a few extra bucks a month, but guess what! IF I am in an accident again, I'll be in a better position.
I now have rental coverage and a couple other "extras"

S

shell007

ablessin said:
That's right, they are designed for head on and front -side impact.

Unless he was was driving at more than 35 MPH when he hit you from behind, which would indicate the other driver wasn't paying much attention.

How much damage to that car?

Hey, I was in an accident, and my car was at the repair shop FOUR weeks, all the while I was paying insurance on it, and get this, I Had to pay my car payment that month too! Imagine that! :eek: And I couldn't even drive it. How inconvenient was that?

That was when I learned, you get what you pay for and I upped my benefits. yeah- it costs me a few extra bucks a month, but guess what! IF I am in an accident again, I'll be in a better position.
I now have rental coverage and a couple other "extras"
I was rear-ended (more like plowed into) and the "at fault" driver was traveling at 55+ mph. Our airbags never deployed.

OP: More info is needed here. Some things are just not adding up. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">