• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

depchief02

What is the name of your state? florida

Hi To All....
I 'm here in florida and i'm a volunteer firefighter and i do not get paid for being a firefighter anyway i was in a car wreck about 1 year ago going to a call in the fire truck(voluteer trunk). Here in tallahassee the way thing work is that the county volluteer fire department give aid to the city firefighter , every time there's a call we fall under the city of tallahassee worker comp....I had wreck verses a train and i broke my knee and over the year i had two scope done on my knee and about 5 shoots for pain and now the only thing that can help me is a knee replacement cause my cartli. has formed artheritis.I do not know my MMI yet .. Now the city say that they will settle if i leave employment with them, but i do not work for the city and the volunteer fire department is under the county and is a non-profit department, so can the city make me leave the volunteer department? I've been with the fire department for 7 years and this's the first time i filed a claim. I put in 7 years of my free time and got a book of state cert. also state firefighter, and if i leave the fire department i loss everything...Is settleing a good thing to do? I have a lawyer on this case cause i have a personal injury suit with the railroad company....:confused:

teflon_jones

Do you want to leave or not? It sounds like you don't want to, so then don't take their offer. I'm not sure what legal questions you're asking here...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">