• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssimms

my 72 year old mother who lives in new mexico was broadsided by a man who ran a red light. she drove a late model car with only liabilty insurance. while she did not sustain any physical injuries her mental condition has taken a big hit. though she is in the early stages of vascular dementia her ability to drive safely and overall mental condition were fine. since then she is very confused and anxious. while i do not wish to sue the pants off the guy who hit her i am also afraid that she will only get the blue book value of the car, plus 500.00 "pain and suffering" the adjuster has already offered her. i think she's entitled to at least the replacement cost of the car. i am also afraid that she will be taken advantage of in her state of mind.
i don't know what to do- can i or should i take over the process, act on her behalf, and try to settle with the insurance? or should we get a lawyer, providing there is one willing to take this on?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">