• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!! Can she sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A. Schultheis

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was involved in an accident in September of 2002. I rear-ended a van in front of me, but the woman claimed to be ok, and there was no damage done to either car. There was no police report filed, and we both drove away. 6 months after the accident, the woman sued my insurance company for 25,000 dollars. I was never informed of the result of the case, if it was dropped, or if she lost/won.
I just recieved a summons in the mail the other day stating she was suing me personally for another 25,000 dollars. Can she sue me twice? (She filed in August of 2004, so she's within the statute of limitations.)
Also, my insurance company dropped me when they learned of the suit. Are they still obligated to provide me with a laywer because they covered me at the time of the accident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">