• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Dad in trouble - work related accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chungkim

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Here goes : It happened at my Dad's workplace. My dad (45) and a coworker (62ish) were playing around (goofing off) near a tractor trailer ramp. The ramp is about 3.5-4 feet tall I think, same height as the bottom of a tractor trailer. My dad's coworker was pinching my dad and my dad has pushed him. Unfortunately, the coworker lost balance and fell off the ramp. He left foot bone is broken as well as his right leg bone is cracked. He was old and the fall didn't help. As you can see, the incident was clearly accidental and there were absolutely no intentional harm either way.

At first the coworker seemed to be very understanding and assured my Dad not to worry. Now the other guys wants monetary compensation and is saying he will sue. What should we do?

Since the incident happened at work, would the company insurance step in and compensate my dad's coworker for any losses?

Since there was physical contact between my dad and his coworker and this is considered battery or even possibly aggravated battery, could my dad be sued in a criminal suit?

Would the above incident be just battery or aggravated battery? or something else alltogether?

What kind of compensation could my dad be responsible for if we were to be involved in a civil lawsuit as well?

What should our initial steps be to work through this ordeal?

Any help/suggestions/adivce would be greatly appreciated.

- worried son in Atlanta

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">