• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!! DMV Hearing (CA): Financial Responsiblity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

govale

In California, someone reported my license plate number and an entirely description of my car, as the vehicle involved in an accident. They must have transposed the letters/numbers of the license plate. The mistake was rectified, and the accident was purged from my driving record. Problem was, my insurance had lapsed at the time of this nonexistant accident, and the DMV now wants to suspend my license for being uninsured at the time. I requested a hearing, but is there any realistic way I can fight this? Would a lawyer help? Please give me some advice. Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sorry, but no. The license suspension is mandatory. You may be afforded a "limited use" license - - for to and from work only, with an assigned path. If you are found off that path, it's curtains.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">