• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help for the elderly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trenia

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

I wondering if anyone can help? My father-in-law drove his vehicle thru a diaylis building on his way to diaylis? He said he doen't remember what happened he blacked out. He has since past away and now one of the nurses that worked there that had broke her knee do to the accident has filed a law suit against the estate. How can my mother-in-law know her rights? We have hired an attorney but all he seems to be doing is taking our money. Does this lady have the right to sue since she has already paid paid by the car insurance company? and how much should she be able to recieve? and what is our legal rights? I just can't believe that she should be able to sue my mother-in-law when she had nothing to do with it ( and my mother-in-law was left with nothing but debt when my father-in-law past away, even her house has a mortgage on it). Please help or tell me when on the net I could possible look for the forums.

Thank You
Tren

LdiJ

trenia said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

I wondering if anyone can help? My father-in-law drove his vehicle thru a diaylis building on his way to diaylis? He said he doen't remember what happened he blacked out. He has since past away and now one of the nurses that worked there that had broke her knee do to the accident has filed a law suit against the estate. How can my mother-in-law know her rights? We have hired an attorney but all he seems to be doing is taking our money. Does this lady have the right to sue since she has already paid paid by the car insurance company? and how much should she be able to recieve? and what is our legal rights? I just can't believe that she should be able to sue my mother-in-law when she had nothing to do with it ( and my mother-in-law was left with nothing but debt when my father-in-law past away, even her house has a mortgage on it). Please help or tell me when on the net I could possible look for the forums.

Thank You
Tren
Your mother in law needs to turn this over to the insurance company to handle. Its still part of the accident and they should handle it. If there is some reason why their liability has ended then she needs to get whatever information she can from them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">