• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP (FL)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jade22k

I was getting ready to pull into a parking spot last night when a car started to back up into me. I let my foot off the brake and began to coast back. There was a lady and her son behind me. I did not hit her but she put her hand against my car to let me know she was there. I saw her and got out and asked if she was alright. She said she was fine and she wanted my insurance information just in case she was sore the next day or later on down the line. I gave her my information and I am reporting it to my insurance. Can she make up that I hit her and that she needs medical treatment and make my insurance go up for no reason? I have two witnesses that were in my car and they know I did not hit her. Any suggestions?

ALawyer

You are doing the right thing. Tell your insurance company. Let them handle it. Tell them about the 2 passengers too, but ultimately it's the insurance company's call as it would be the woman's word vs. yours and your friends as witnesses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">