• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! I am clueless!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luckmom

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
My car was hit by a careless driver. My son was taken to the ER. All tests looked fine. As time progressed I was also sore and went to the doc. (my personal doc) who ran xrays etc. Just whiplash. The person who hit us also has the same ins. as us. So far they are already asking us to pay $2 a day for rental car. (Not our fault either as the rental company had no other vehicle that could hold 3 car seats) I have heard that our medical bills should be paid by the car ins. company as well as loss of time from work and our medical bills should be paid times 3. Is that possible? We will undergo no further treatment hopefully though we are both still sore 1 week after accident. I don't know if we should get an attny here or just let the ins. handle it. Also our car was destroyed and they are going to pay what it is worth which happens to be what we owe. Thanks

teflon_jones

luckmom said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee
My car was hit by a careless driver. My son was taken to the ER. All tests looked fine. As time progressed I was also sore and went to the doc. (my personal doc) who ran xrays etc. Just whiplash. The person who hit us also has the same ins. as us. So far they are already asking us to pay $2 a day for rental car. (Not our fault either as the rental company had no other vehicle that could hold 3 car seats)
This isn't your insurance company's fault. They offer a fixed dollar amount/day for coverage, and that's what you get.

luckmom said:
I have heard that our medical bills should be paid by the car ins. company as well as loss of time from work and our medical bills should be paid times 3. Is that possible?
You can expect to get your medical bills paid, and possibly a small amount for loss of wages and pain and suffering. The 3X figure is not longer applicable today.

luckmom said:
We will undergo no further treatment hopefully though we are both still sore 1 week after accident. I don't know if we should get an attny here or just let the ins. handle it. Also our car was destroyed and they are going to pay what it is worth which happens to be what we owe. Thanks
Sounds like they're taking care of everything then. As long as they pay for your medical bills and for your car, then you're doing ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">